All employers must complete and maintain the Federal Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9).
Additionally, within five days after employing a new worker, all South Carolina employers must:
- Verify the employee’s work authorization through the E-Verify federal work authorization program administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security; or
- Verify that the employee either:
- Possesses a valid South Carolina driver’s license or identification card issued by the S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Is eligible to obtain a South Carolina driver’s license or ID card or
- Possesses a valid driver’s license or ID card from another state whose qualification requirements are as strict as South Carolina's.