If you received unemployment benefits, you will need to file taxes with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). You can download your 1099-G income statement from your unemployment benefits portal. Remember, even if you were unemployed, you still have to file income taxes.

The most common use of the 1099-G is to report unemployment compensation as well as any state or local income tax refunds you received that year.  A 1099-G is a tax form from the IRS showing the amount of refund, credit or interest issued to you in the calendar year filing from your individual income tax returns.

Please note: to view your 1099 from any year, even if you exhausted your benefits, you must register for an account. For assistance with the registration process, click here.


To view the video tutorial on how to access your 1099-G, click here. | To download the user-guide, click here.

For more information about disputing your 1099-G, you can download the user-guide here. 

Access your 1099-G by logging in to your account on your unemployment benefits portal.  

 A sample 1099-G is shown here:



Auxiliary aids and services available upon request to individuals with disabilities at

DEW Logo
Legal | Privacy Statement | Disclaimer 
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. 
803.737.2400,  711 (TTY)

Para obtener ayuda, llame al 1.866.572.3148

Copyright ©, SC Department of Employment & Workforce | All Rights Reserved 
Auxiliary aids and services available upon request to individuals with disabilities 
Report State Agency Fraud (Office of the Inspector General)

Contact us if you need assistance understanding the language on this website

American Job Center logo