A Money Network Prepaid Visa® Card allows direct deposit of unemployment benefits payments to those who do not have a traditional bank account or who do not want their payment deposited into their existing bank account. There is no credit check required.
The Card account is FDIC insured and follows all Regulation E requirements for consumer protection. The Card account owner has access to his or her funds 24 hours a day, seven days a week via purchases everywhere Visa Debit Cards are accepted — in stores, online or over the phone. You can also use your Money Network Card to pay bills (where accepted), get cash back with a PIN debit purchase at participating merchants, get cash from an in-network ATMs Nationwide that carry the Allpoint® or MoneyPass® brands, over-the-counter cash access through tellers at any Visa partner bank or credit union and more.
Click on each section below to read more information related to Prepaid Debit Cards.
- What are the benefits of having the Card account?
The principal benefits are:
- Convenience –Payments are deposited directly into the Card account so there’s no waiting for money.
- Easy access –Multiple options to access money at no cost.
- Flexibility – Make purchases with the Money Network Card or get cash at 80,000+ surcharge-free Allpoint® or MoneyPass® ATMs.
- Control – Only spend what’s available in the Card account, avoiding overdraft fees.
- Security – Funds are held in an FDIC-insured Account, protections if the Card is lost or stolen with the Visa Zero Liability Policy.
- Money Management - Account information and customer service – available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Why am I automatically receiving a Money Network Prepaid Visa Card for my unemployment benefits?
The main methods of payment for unemployment benefits in South Carolina are either direct deposit or prepaid debit card.
- How will I know if I'm enrolled for a Money Network Prepaid Visa Card?
You will receive a prepaid debit card package within seven to ten days after being determined eligible to receive unemployment benefits.
- How do I receive my Personal Identification Number (PIN) to use with my Card for transactions at the ATM and pinned point-of-sale?
You will choose your own PIN when you activate your Card using the Money Network® Mobile App or by calling 1-866-892-2835. After activation, you will simply follow the prompts for creating a PIN. For your Account security, do not use personal information as your PIN.
If you would ever like to change your PIN in the future you may do that 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling Customer Service at 1-866-892-2835.
- How long will it take to receive my first payment?
Please log in to your MyBenefits account to view your payment status. South Carolina residents can also call 1-866-831-1724 and press option 2 after entering your PIN number. Out of state residents can call 1-866-831-1725 and press option 2 after entering your PIN number.
When you receive your Money Network Card, please read all information included with your Card carefully to ensure proper activation and use of the Card. We recommend you activate your Card immediately.
- Will my name appear on my Money Network Prepaid Visa Card?
Yes, your Card is personalized with your name on it.
- Can my Money Network Prepaid Visa Card account be a joint ownership account?
No. All Money Network Prepaid Visa Card accounts will be issued in your name only, similar to how your unemployment benefits payment is issued in only your name.
- Can I use my Money Network Prepaid Visa Card immediately?
Once the card is received, you must activate your Card by downloading the Money Network® Mobile App and selecting ‘New User?’ or calling 1-866-892-2835. Once this occurs, you may use the card as soon as DEW makes your first deposit.
- How will I know if I have a payment?
Please log into your MyBenefits account to view your payment status. South Carolina residents can also call 1-866-831-1724 and press option 2 after entering your PIN number. Out of state residents can call 1-866-831-1725 and press option 2 after entering your PIN number.
- How can I be sure of the balance of my Money Network Prepaid Visa Card?
There are three easy and free1 ways to access your Money Network Card balance information and transaction history:
- Online: View your balance and transaction history online any time at prepaid.everywherepaycard.com.
- By phone: Call 1-866-892-2835 to hear your balance and transaction history using our automated voice response system.
- Mobile App: Download the Money Network Mobile App at the App Store® or on Google Play™
- What are the fees associated with using my account?
Fees can be avoided with careful use of your Card. For example, there are no fees when you use your Card for a purchase at a merchant. Many grocery and convenience stores also offer cash back, without a fee, with a purchase. You can get cash from Allpoint and MoneyPass ATMs and from tellers at banks that accept Visa cards; however, fees may apply for some features. Read more information about fees here (PDF) and the Money Network Card account here (PDF).
There are no fees for the following:
- Make purchases everywhere Visa Debit Cards are accepted — in stores, online or over the phone.
- Get cash back with a PIN debit purchase, where available.
- Withdraw cash — surcharge-free — from in-network ATMs nationwide.
- Get cash in branch at Visa partner banks or credit unions.
- Log in at prepaid.everywherepaycard.com to view your balance, transaction history and more.
- Transfer funds to a personal bank account.
- One replacement Card per year
When you receive your Card package, please thoroughly read your Cardholder Agreement and refer to the Fee Schedule to ensure you understand any transaction and service fees that may apply to your Money Network Card.
- Can I get cash at a POS terminal?
Yes, many merchants like grocery and convenience stores and U.S. Post Offices will offer the ability to take up to a certain amount in cash back with a pinned point-of-sale purchase. The amounts could vary by merchant, but usually are $20, $50 or $100.
- Do I have to take my entire unemployment benefits payment on the day of deposit?
No. You may use your Money Network Prepaid Visa Card everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, at pinned point-of-sale (POS) terminals and at ATMs for any portion of your available balance as often as you like. Safeguard your money and take only what is needed.
- Whom should I call with questions about my Money Network Prepaid Visa Card account?
You will be provided the toll-free Money Network Card Customer Service number when you receive your Card. This number is 1-866-892-2835 and is displayed on the back of your Card, as well as within your Welcome Kit packet. You may also obtain account information using the Money Network Mobile App, online at prepaid.everywherepaycard.com or by calling 1-866-892-2835.
- What do I do if I believe an error has been made or do not recognize or did not authorize a transaction?
If you believe an error has been made or have questions about your Account, call the Customer Service number at 1-866-892-2835 to begin the dispute process. For additional information regarding unauthorized transactions, please see your Cardholder Agreement online at prepaid.everywherepaycard.com for more information.
- How does the Visa Zero Liability work?
Please see your Cardholder Agreement online at prepaid.everywherepaycard.com for more information or click here to learn more. The Visa Zero Liability policy covers U.S.-issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details or click here to learn more.
- How do I change my method of payment from a debit card?
You can go online at MyBenefits to change your method of payment. You can also call TelClaim at 1-866-831-1724 to speak with a claims representative between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays.
1 Fees may apply. See Fee Schedule and Balance and Transaction Limit Schedule for the Money Network Service for details.
2 Card funds will be FDIC-insured provided the Card is registered to the name of the primary cardholder.
3 Visa’s Zero Liability Policy covers U.S.-issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details or visit visa.com/zeroliabilitypolicy.
4 Standard message and data rates may apply.
Money Network® Cards are issued by MetaBank®, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The Money Network Card is accepted everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.